My Hobby


1. Introduction : Man is not a machine. So he has to take shelter to some hobby or the other Hobby is a pleasant pastime. It washes away the monotony and gives fresh. It is the best use of leisure. It gives mental recreation too.
2. My Hobby :There  are many kinds of  hobbies e.g. singing, dancing, photography, painting , stamp -collection, gardening, hunting and swimming etc. I have taken up gardening as my hobby. I have inculcated a taste for gardening since my childhood. I am very much interested in plants and flowers.  I have visited many beautiful gardens situated in big cities.
3. What I do for may hobby I have prepared a small but beautiful garden within the boundary of my house. There are many plants with beautiful flowers. I am very fond of roses. So I have collected fifteen varieties of roses in my garden. There are various other flowers too. Besides this there are small fruits trees. In a small portion of my garden, I grow vegetable also. I work in my garden during my leisure time daily. I prepare beds of plants and water them. I also do grafting and cutting of the unwanted branches. I take great pleasure in these work. Many times I present the fruits and flowers to my friends. When I pluck vegetables for my mother's kitchen, she is very much pleased.
4. Conclusion : My hobby is not expensive. I do not spend much on it. Other hobbies like photography etc. are quite expensive. My parents take delight in  watching me working in the garden. Gardening is a good exercise also. It keeps my body and mind fit. The beautiful scenery of  my small garden attracts everybody who passes by it. The fragrant flowers, the sweet fruits and the tasty vegetable of my garden are valuable wealth to me. I love my garden very much.